a project by Silvia Calderoni and Ilenia Caleo
together with Lola Kola
graphics and post-production CHEAP street poster art
project curated by Paola Granato
writing Ilenia Caleo
translation Ilaria Patano
photo by Claudia Borgia
Claudia Pajewski/ Short Theatre 2021
SO IT IS_Roma is the first of several stages. It is a gesture of infestation of public spaces, and it is not a numero zero.
SO IT IS_Roma is an invitation to the musician and performer Lola Kola: embracing a practice and building an unpredictable imaginary of what bodies can be and do. The action-matrix which inspired SO IT IS_Roma came to life in Bologna in 2020, within the public art project La lotta è fica, designed and curated by CHEAP street poster art. Now it thrives and transforms through other bodies and places.
- each poster is one and unique, like our bodies (as long as it is not our desire that changes this indication)
- the shot is full-length, the body is naked
- the size of the poster is full size
- the body is at rest and not in an action
- the interventions on the body are carried out in graphic post-production / photomontage
- each poster is posted in a different city
the artist chooses the exact place for the posting, based on their city and the communities that live there
The map of posters will be put together, stage by stage.
Lola Kola is an artist, musician and singer. She defines herself this way:
“No one ever really understood what Lola Kola does. She is a woman, a man, a transgender, a child, a toy, a rocking stud mare. She has been a fashion designer, model, actress, prostitute, drug dealer, drug addict, singer, pop icon, diva, a madwoman, without ever wishing to be anything."